Dr Avik Jonathan Dandapat
BDS(Birm) MFGDP(UK) Dip.Imp.Dent RCS Eng MSc (Implant Dentistry) Leeds, UK
Avik is the principal implant dentist at the Dental Implant Centre and has placed over 5000 implants. As you can see he has extensive qualifications relating to Implant dentistry attained here in the UK. Avik attends both centres in Harley Street and Twyford near Reading.
Dr Dandapat lectures to dentists on Dental Implantology in the UK.
Dr Avik Dandapat also lectures in Implant Dentistry nationally in the UK and abroad. Please check lecture Diary tab for details for the next lectures and mentoring courses. Avik is also available for mentoring dentists who wish to start placing Implants in their own practice – as he is a registered ADI (Association of Dental Implantology) dental Implant mentor.
Avik qualified from Birmingham University where he gained his BDS qualification. He went on to working in private practice in Royal Leamington Spa and attained the MFGDP (UK) qualification by exam 2 years after qualifying (at the earliest possible time allowed).
Dr Avik Dandapat also did sabbatical work in Calcutta,India- where the epidemic of Oral Cancer exists – working closely with Maxillo-Facial surgeons during this period he gained invaluable experience in the surgical treatment and reconstruction of patients diagnosed with Oral Squamous cell carcinoma.This surgical experience allowed Avik to gain deep insight to surgery and the benefits of the use of titanium dental implants to provide these debilitated patients a reasonable quality of life after radical surgery often removing large areas of the jaws and teeth.
He then embarked on further post graduate training (over a 3 year period) at The Royal College of Surgeons of England, London (RCS) Eng relating to Dental Implants. He was awarded The Diploma in Dental Implantology by exam and also further gained the Advanced certification in bone grafting. Also Dr Avik Dandapat was the youngest Dentist in the UK to hold this qualification at point of examination. After then he went onto complete the Masters degree in Implant Dentistry from The University of Leeds.
His calm and gentle approach has allowed his patients to always feel confident in choosing him for their dental implant treatment.
Avik has two daughters Amber (4 years old) and Ruby (2 year old) that take most our his spare time being a Daddy for his 2 energetic girls. Her interests outside dentistry are attending the gym, anything to do with an engine and technology and travelling to explore new places.
Avik also is involved with various charities helping children in deprived countries and enjoys helping those who need it most.
Dr. Avik J. Dandapat is a new member of Leading Implant Centers
Implantologists who have been verifiably certified to the highest level in their respective scientific association present themselves on this new international platform. The latest member joining the circle of the best is Dr. Avik J. Dandapat from London in United Kingdom. Read More>
- In 2006 Dr Avik Dandapat was awarded both the Diploma and the Advanced certification in Implant Dentistry by The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- He holds a Masters degree in Implant Dentistry from the University of Leeds. His research thesis was all about same day teeth and produced a systematic review of the scientific evidence.
- Dr Avik Dandapat was the award finalist for the ‘Best Young Dentist‘ in the Dentistry Awards 2007.
- Dr Avik Dandapat has to date placed over 5,000 dental implants . And has a success rate of over 98%.
- Dr Avik Dandapat has pioneered techniques relating to the i-Smile Implant treatment.
- Avik is a Dental Implant mentor and also lectures for Association of Dental Implantology (ADI) across the country.
- He also runs hands-on courses teaching other dentists how to restore Implants at his practice. He is an official mentor for Ankylos and DIO Dental Implant systems.
Avik is a member of these professional organisations:
- SAAD (UK) –Society for the Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry
- FGDP (UK) – Faculty of General Dental Practice, Royal College of Surgeons
- ADI – Association of Dental Implantology, UK
- EAO – European Association for Osseointegration
- BSGDS – British Society of General Dental Surgery
- BAID – British Academy of Implant Dentistry
Back to Team Page >